Sunday 13 March 2011

Sunday 13th March 2011

Busy time of the year for lots of things. The garden, the bees and now the sun has come out, all the dusting and cleaning!

Well, I can always find an excuse to do it later. Thought I would add a quick card that I've just finished for a dear friend.


It's a DL card. The Nitwit papers were a freebie from a 2010 Creative Cardmaking magazine, special edition, Birthday cards. The Happy Birthday stamp is from http://www.hobbyartstamps.com/ . They have loads of lovely sentiment stamps, worth a look and not bad price. The little girl stamp is Tilda from Magnolia stamps. I've coloured her with Promarker pens. As I added the layers I've inked them with Tim Holtz brushed corduroy. The button brads were white and I coloured them in red Prokarker to match the clogs. I pushed them through the backing paper, then stuck the paper on the card. doing it this way you get a neater finish at the back, without the sharp ends sticking out. The lacy punch, is of course, Martha Stewart.

I was taught to make the inside of the card as good as the outside. It's an opportunity to make the card very personal, if the person you are making it for has a special name or 'nickname'. Or the sender want's to say something special. I also add a little sticker to the back with my name on. Why not be proud of what you've done!

I've saved a set of various inserts on my computer for each card size and orientation. Then, I've only have to change the words or font and print, it's that easy. If anyone wants to know how, let me know and I can try to do a demo on the blog.

That's about it for today, better get back to the chores!

No comments:

Post a Comment