Tuesday 8 March 2011

Saturday 12th March 2011

Been busy this week doing wedding invitations. So today, I thought I would show you how to make these wonderful paper flowers that are very popular at the moment. they're very easy to batch make, so you can make a few in advance, keep them in single layers and finish them off when you need them.

I've used PaperArtsy Hot Picks stamps and Anita's 3-D clear gloss glaze finish.

Stamp the large flower onto thick paper, not card for this project

Cut out


Mark the centre back and cut a straight line, between the petals to this mark


Fold one of the petals over the next and glue
Leave to dry and you get a cone like this
Turn the flower over and push down the centre, so that it's flatter at the back with a raised point in the front middle. It is then easier to silicone glue this to your project. I cover the middle with a faux brad.

Glue the layers together with a blob of silicone glue. Paint the layers with 3-D clear glaze and leave to dry.

I've made a few green leaves, using the same PaperArtsy stamps. I embossed them with clear embossing ink and then used Papermania black embossing powder and a heat gun. Once they're cooled, cut them out, fold and curl them. I've just put the elements on the card to show you hope I might eventually place on the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment